San Antonio is a city that should be on your bucket list. Besides the highest-rated theme parks, a UNESCO heritage site, and the vibrant city life, what makes it even more exciting is that San Antonio has America’s most extensive commercial caravans. Make sure you don’t miss the chance to marvel at nature’s finest work in these breathtaking caves!
Address: 26495 Natural Bridge Caverns Rd, San Antonio, TX 78266
About Natural Bridge Caverns
Natural Bridge Caverns have been around for centuries and continue to expand due to their porous nature. The caverns are made entirely out of limestone, which upon contact with water, gradually forms cavities, thus, further enlarging the passages. Hidden beneath the earth’s surface, these caverns have become a featured tourist attraction in San Antonio.
- Between March to November, you can visit the caverns any day from 10 am to 4 pm. In the months through December till February, the caverns are only open on the weekends.
- The temperatures inside the caverns are usually around 70 degrees Fahrenheit, so take your jackets and joggers with you.
- Basic tours last around 45-60 minutes, and the ticket price for this is $18 for adults and $12 for kids between 3-12 years old.
Things To Do
There’s so much to do inside and on the surface of the caverns. You’ll need to make your choices beforehand. A first-time visitor or a cavern expert, these activities will indeed challenge you.
Inside the Cavern
- Discovery Tour: The essential discovery tour takes you 180 ft beneath the earth’s surface. It’s an opportunity to fully indulge in the sights of the cavern’s historical formations, now equipped with LED lighting too!
- Hidden Passages Tour: A more intricate pathway, this tour will take you through the underground network. With a delicate décor, soda straws, stalactites, cave ribbons, and natural ornaments that will leave you captivated.
- Adventure Tour: If you’ve got a knack for adventure, this tour is the perfect option. Adventure-lovers will get a sense of real excitement as they traverse through this undeveloped area.
- Twisted Trails: Hanging from 60 ft above ground, the twisted trails on the surface of the caverns are the world’s largest outdoor sky trail course. You’ll have to overcome multiple obstacles, as challenging as possible, to get through them.
- Maze: Natural Bridge Caverns has recently introduced an outdoor maze on its surface. Gather your friends or family and find your way through it.
- Gem and Fossil Mining: A family-friendly activity where you can dip mining rough in water and experience what it’s like to discover treasures of your own. If your luck has worked and you uncover precious stones, they’re yours to keep.
Click here to learn more about The Duct Kings of San Antonio.
Eat and Shop at the Caverns
When the energy drain gets to you, it’s time for your tastebuds to take over the tour. Get your hands on tasty desserts from Big Daddy’s or a fulfilling meal at the Cavern Café.
You’ll find some of the best stones and minerals you could set your eyes upon at the souvenir shops around the area. Take a souvenir keychain or shirt with you to remember this unforgettable trip or even small local items for your loved ones.
Another very interesting place in San Antonio is Missions National Historical Park, you should check this place if you stay in the city.