What is Black Mold

Dealing with Black Mold Exposure: Here’s What You Need to Know

Black mold (also known as Stachybotrys chartarum or toxic mold) is a common household fungus. It is a dangerous organism that can lead to severe health problems, both for people with allergies and for those who may not have any symptoms of allergy at all. In addition to being potentially harmful to health, black mold also grows on surfaces where it is not wanted and can lead to significant damage to property.

If you have signs of black mold already growing in your home or business facility, it is vital that you take action immediately because mold can take over your home in just a short span of time, damaging your belongings and making your family sick.

If you are in San Antonio, TX and you need help with black mold remediation, The Duct Kings is the company to call. The Duct Kings is a company with years of experience in duct cleaning service and mold elimination, so we know exactly what kind of solutions are the most effective for each type of mold problem. We remove all visible signs of mold growth with professional equipment, and we also prevent future mold growth by using our sanitizing solutions. We use non-toxic, eco-friendly solutions that will not only get the job done but will also protect your family and your house from dangerous effects. By hiring our team, you confirm that your family and yourself will breathe clean and healthy air in the home or in your business facility.

black mold remediation

How can you tell if your home has a problem with black mold?

Over the past few years, black mold has become an issue in the news. For homeowners in San Antonio, in particular, it’s a growing problem in their homes. And with that concern in mind, it’s time to take a closer look at black mold.

Black mold is a type of fungus that grows where moisture is present, giving off noxious spores that can be harmful to our health. Black mold prefers warm and humid conditions; it thrives best in the dark and in places like basements and attics where sunlight never reaches. Other common places where mold can develop include: behind refrigerators, under sinks stoves, under cabinets, around leaky pipes, on top of hot water heaters, near windows where moisture from outside gets inside the home or building, underneath floorboards, or under carpets where moisture from outside gets inside the home/building.

The presence of black mold in homes is becoming more widespread, but many people do not even know they have black mold growing in their homes. Mold is a problem that you might not see right away. In fact, it could be growing right under your nose and you wouldn’t even know it. More importantly, most people don’t realize the risks associated with mold.

If you live in a humid area, you may be at risk of having this kind of mold growing in your home. While there are no definitive tests to determine if you have a mold problem, there are some signs and symptoms that may indicate a mold problem in your home or business:

An unusual musty or mildew-like odor smelled in the air.

If you smell a musty odor in your home or office especially when the air conditioner/heater is on and in rooms with high humidity and poor ventilation (i.e., bathrooms and kitchens) but cannot find the source of the odor, it could be black mold growing inside your walls or under your floors.

Brown, white or black spots on ceilings, walls, windowsills, or other surfaces.

Black mold typically grows as a result of moisture problems, so if you notice black or dark stains on your walls or ceilings, this could be an indication that there is a problem with water.

Clothes and other household items that smell musty or mildewed even when they haven’t been exposed to water.

Black mold spreads quickly and easily via tiny spores that are released into the air. These spores are very light and can travel through open windows or vents to spread to other parts of your home including clothes, shoes, and bags used in these rooms causing them to smell musty.

Cracked or peeling paint or wallpaper due to water damage.

The presence of water damage on walls and ceilings is one sign that indicates the presence of black mold in your home. Black mold loves damp areas and will grow on anything wet, including wood or drywall. You may not always be able to see this type of damage because it may be hidden behind wallpaper or other coverings that hide water damage.

Unexplained health problems.

If you have been experiencing unexplained headaches, dizziness, or insomnia while living in your home for an extended period, these may be signs that you have black mold growing in your residence.

If you are experiencing any of these symptoms in your home, there is likely black mold present in your home. If this is the case, you need to take steps right away to eliminate it, or else it can cause serious harm to your family’s health.

Why is it important to get rid of black molds immediately?

When left untreated, black mold can cause serious health problems in humans if they are exposed to it. The symptoms include respiratory and allergy problems such as:

  • Difficulty breathing
  • Wheezing and chest pain
  • Coughing
  • Skin irritation
  • Sinusitis or upper respiratory infections
  • Sore throat
  • Nasal congestion
  • Asthma

Long-term exposure can lead to other problems such as acid reflux, skin rashes, sinus headaches, nausea, burning eyes and wheezing in children. Children may experience growth abnormalities when exposed to black mold during their development stages (birth to five years old). Pregnant women should also avoid exposure to black mold since it may lead to premature births or birth defects in infants.

Mould can be a problem in businesses too. It can cause harm to workers in affected areas and reduce productivity in the workplace. It can also decrease customer satisfaction because of the unpleasant odors it produces.

If you have black mold in your home, you need to remove it as soon as possible. The longer black mold is left to grow and spread the more damage it will cause to your home, business, and your health.

Get Rid of Black Molds Today

Black mold can be very damaging to your health, business, and property. If you think you may have mold in your home or business, don’t hesitate to call The Duct Kings for an inspection today!

We are using the most advanced equipment available to detect the presence of mold in your home or business. If mold is detected, all affected areas will be treated with the appropriate chemicals to eliminate the threat of any health problems or damage to your home or business.

We know how scary it can be when you find out there is mold in your home and we want to make the process as easy and stress-free as possible for you. You can rest assured that we will protect both you and your property during every step of the process. If you have any questions regarding our process or services, please feel free to contact us at any time.

CALL NOW (210) 899-6374

Get A Free Inspection Today!

Hours of Operation

  • Monday          7:00 am – 6:00 pm
  • Tuesday          7:00 am – 6:00 pm
  • Wednesday    7:00 am – 6:00 pm
  • Thursday        7:00 am – 7:00 pm
  • Friday             7:00 am – 7:00 pm
  • Saturday         Closed
  • Sunday            Closed
  • --------------------------------------

Office Location

error: Content is protected !!